Apprenticeship Expo and Awards 2020
Our annual Expo and Awards event, held at the iconic Sheldonian Theatre, is a fantastic way for us to celebrate all of our apprentices and staff undertaking Apprenticeship training to develop their careers. It is also a perfect opportunity for all University staff to attend and speak to all of our training providers about how Apprenticeships may be useful in their departments, either by recruiting entry level roles or developing employees.
Winners and finalists have now been announced in each category...
- 1st year (Beginner) Apprentice Award – in their first year of Apprenticeship training
Winner: Daniela Cazan - Saïd Business School
- Freya Cooke - Engineering Science
- Romi Barnett - Estates Services
- 2nd year (Intermediate) Apprentice Award –12 months or more service as an Apprentice but not to exceed 24 months
Winner: Teya Agnese - NDORMS
- Jasmin Irscheid - Faculty of Music
- Leon Blake - Engineering Science
- 3rd or final year (Advanced) Apprentice Award – 24 months or more undertaking Apprenticeship training
Winner: Alex Knight - Particle Physics
- George Griffiths - Saïd Business School
- Kerrie Cope - NDM Experimental Medicine
- Technician Apprentice of the year Award – an apprentice who is a technician in any year at the University
Winner: Natalie Davis - Sir William Dunn School of Pathology
- Bushra Nawaz - Medical Sciences Office
- Laura Mullins - Ashmolean Museum
- Apprentice Ambassador of the year Award – an apprentice who has joined the Apprenticeship ambassador network and taken part in events to help promote Apprenticeships
Winner: Bushra Nawaz - Medical Sciences Office
- Sam Jones - Knowledge Exchange and Impact Team (KEIT)
- Teya Agnese - NDORMS
- Apprentice Manager of the year Award – this is your chance as an Apprentice to recognise your mentor or line manager who has shown outstanding support over the last year
Winner: Georgia Rafferty - Saïd Business School
- Khwaja Islam - BioEscalator
- Rob Markham - Estates Services
- Training Coordinator/Assessor/Tutor of the year Award – for a training individual who has gone above and beyond their role to support you
Winner: Gemma Burgess - Abingdon & Witney College
- Amanda Franklin - Abingdon & Witney College
- Tracey Lee - Abingdon & Witney College
- Poster Competition – The poster should be A3 size and should showcase your work in a visual way. All posters will be on display at the awards ceremony and may be used in promotional material for apprenticeships.
Send this to the Apprenticeship inbox by Monday 24th February 2020.
Winner: Taimur Hashmi - Temporary Staffing Service, HR
- Apprenticeship manager's special award!
Winner: Direct Labour Organisation (DLO), Estates in UAS Division
- Bioescalator, Medical Sciences Division
- Saïd Business School, Social Sciences Division
The expo started at 11am. This was a chance for all University employees to talk to some of the 20 different training providers we currently work with and discuss how Apprenticeships may be able to benefit them by hiring a new entrant or by undertaking Apprenticeship training themselves to develop their skills. See some of the current Apprenticeship courses our staff are on here.
Training providers attending so far this year are:
- Abingdon & Witney College
- CSR Scientific Training
- Qube Learning
- Reed Business School
- Oxford Advanced Skills
- Oxford Brookes University
#2020ApprenticeshipAwards | @OxUniApprentice
Find out more on our social channels
T: +44 1865 270536