Do you want to build the professional and technical skills of your department's support team? Are you getting value for money from your current staff? Are your staff developing and working at their full potential? Are you seeking additional capacity? Are you interested in developing a pipeline of qualified professionals for the next generation of workers? If so, employing one or more apprentices could help you fulfil the needs of your faculty or department.
Hiring an apprentice within your University department will give you the opportunity to create opportunities for upward development and retention opportunities for skilled team members.
The Apprenticeships Manager will be the first point of contact in the recruitment process. Further information is also contained in these pages.
Apprenticeships offer a variety of benefits for your department, including:
- Effective pathways for strategic workforce planning and recruitment
- Training to meet the needs of your department
- The promise of vitality, fresh perspective and new ideas
- Development of mentoring skills in existing staff
- Support to the community by creating opportunities for local young people
The National Apprenticeship Service also offers information on the benefits of hiring an apprentice here.